In a message written on Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 09:48:10AM -0700, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> Okay, on the terminal server side wire DSR, DTR, and CD together. This
> should let you open the port at any time ragardless of the state of
> the remote sio port.

But this will break the 'type exit and the connection drops behavior',
because the terminal server will ignore that as well.

The software is clearly lowering DTR on the console briefly between
the kernel probes and init running.  That is the issue here.  Yes,
it can be hacked around, breaking other things in the process.
I'd like to zero in on why the software is doing this and fix it
though.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.tmbg.org