In the last episode (Feb 06), Predius said:
> > Parasite (iPaq): 32MB Compact Flash card, formated as a FAT fs, loads DOS,
> > and uses dosboot.com (from netbsd) to load a freebsd kernel on the
> > filesystem.
>
> Looks like I stumped freebsd-questions, anyone else care to take a whack at
> this?

I think you're lucky it even boots, since I don't think booting a kernel
after DOS has has its hand on the system has been supported since
2.2.something.

If that CF card really must be a FAT FS, I believe both the Grub
bootloader and /boot/loader can run on FAT, so you should be able to
boot straight into FreeBSD without using DOS (have grub load
/boot/loader which in turn loads the kernel).

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]