>be open source.  It's a simulated web client and web server, running
>inside the kernel.  It's good for load-testing and performance-testing
>many kinds of network devices.  With two 1-GHz PIII boxes (one acting
>as the client and the other acting as the server) it can generate
>around 50000 (actually I think it's more than that) full web sessions
>per second.  Also, you can dial in any rate you want, and it will
>generate that rate very precisely.  Lots of fun!
... yea yea :-) It reminds me an 2 years old feature in our product (was
QARobot
originally, now it's a part of RouterTester) where we had an Session Storm
module generates HTTP traffic with kernel support too. I did remember
how it was killing any httpd server in secs even from one slave with
possible
up to 20 with thousands ssm's running on each cpu.
Unfortunately it's obsolete now (qa and development, but code and qbol
language support still be inside new product for free :). I may try to find
some
performance data tomorrow if it's interesting for you off cause...

Igor.