On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 03:13:55PM +0300, Varshavchick Alexander wrote:
> Of cause, I recompiled lsof for 4.5. But now it seems to be more likely a
> some general problem with the system, because the command
>
>       sockstat -4 -l
>
> doesn't print anything either. What can it be...?

Just as a guess: you did not update your 'world' sources, then forgot
to reboot with a new kernel, did you?  At some point, a slight ABI
incompatibility was introduced somewhere around the network sockets
data, and the new userland utilities - netstat, apparently sockstat
too - cannot quite deal with the old kernel's way of presenting
the information.

As a side question, what is the output of:
        netstat -an | grep '^tcp.*LISTEN'

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  [EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Key fingerprint FDBA FD79 C26F 3C51 C95E  DF9E ED18 B68D 1619 4553