>     Not that I know of.  The brooktree driver seems pretty comprehensive
>     though I am still attempting to figure out how to mmap() multiple
>     frames.

for someone with some vm experience (:-), it should not be a problem, in
the past when i was playing with the meteor, i just junked the buffering stuff,
it was too complicated and bad. one frame buffer was ok, for simplicity
i moved the structure to the begining of the mmap'ed area, and the frames
after that.

danny