* David O'Brien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020212 14:33] wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 05:23:31PM -0500, Adrian Filipi-Martin wrote:
> > > In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >             Alfred Perlstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > : * M. Warner Losh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020212 10:35] wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, we could import ksh, which already does this :-)
> >
> >     I hope you don't mean pdksh.  As the stock sh under OpenBSD we've
> > found it to be annoyingly buggy.  Fortunately we rebased our appliance
> > product to FreeBSD and don't have to deal with it any longer.
>

> IS IT IN THE LEAST BIT POSSIBLE TO STAY ON TOPIC ON FREEBSD LISTS
> ANYMORE???  And we wonder why so many do not bother with them any more.

Please refrain from acting like a turd towards someone doing a bit
of advocacy as well as offering some real world advice to us about
something we may be considering.

I know perl is evil, but sh just isn't powerful enough and awk looks
like line noise for the most part, and C is way painful for
parsing, just looking for alternatives.

Basically, take a pill David. :)

--
-Alfred Perlstein [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]