Miguel Mendez wrote:
> As others have pointed out, it may have big hacker value, but no one
> would use it for anything serious. AFAIK there's no such thing for
> FreeBSD, but one thing I remember, is that once the Linux kernel incorporated
> the zero copy netowrking code, userland HTTP servicing like Tux saw it's
> performance increase on par with khttpd, so it seems that's not worth to
> run a http server in kernel space.

First, livelock means that top end load on a khttpd will be
higher than top end load on a user http, where there is so
much interrupt traffic that the user space never gets to run.

Actually, Alfred claims to be the first person to pre-load
porn into the FreeBSD kernel, and his approach seriously
predates the khttpd work.  8-).

-- Terry