Poul-Henning Kamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Right, and since the integer is well defined,
>       if (!strcmp(a, b))
>is perfectly understandable so what is the problem ?

If that is ok, then why is

        p = malloc(sizeof(*p));
        if (!p)
                return ENOMEM;

not ok, given that is even more well-defined?

I am of the opinion that expressions in a conditional context (i.e.
argument of ! && || ?: if while) should be boolean-valued (i.e. either 0
or 1 corresponding to false or true). If they aren't then an appropriate
comparison should be done.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
FAEROES SOUTHEAST ICELAND: EASTERLY, BECOMING CYCLONIC THEN WESTERLY, 4 OR 5.