On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 04:38:42PM +0200, Vladimir Terziev wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:30:27 -0500
> "Jim Flowers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi hackers,
> > >
> > >   I have to configure a box, which has to run different startup
> > > scrips on behalf of loaded kernel and kernel modules at startup.
> > > What I mean?
> > >
> > >   I have done a loader configuration menu (using bootforth language)
> > > , which allows different kernel and groups of kernel modules
> > > to be load on adminitrator's desire at boot time.
> > >
> > >   What I need to do, else, is to run different startup scrips
> > > on behalf of choosed config menu item.
> > >
> > >   How can I do this? I have no ideas for now ...
> > >
> > >   Any ideas?
> >
> > create/move startup_scripts.sh into/out of /usr/local/etc/rc.d?
>
> I think, I should refine my question ...
>
> How can I understand, when the startup scripts are going to be runned,
> which menu item is choosed ?

I think that your scripts should set some variables in the loader's
environment that can later be passed on to the kernel and read by
userland utilities (including startup scripts) - see kenv(1).
Then again, I have no idea exactly how this should be done, and whether
this is really the right way to go.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  [EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Key fingerprint FDBA FD79 C26F 3C51 C95E  DF9E ED18 B68D 1619 4553