> # XXX broken:     tconv                  <---- has been broken since at
> least 4.4...
> # XXX Use GNU versions: apropos bc dc diff grep ld man patch ptx uucp whatis
> # Moved to secure: bdes
> #
>
> Any idea when this will get fixed?  I need this program.

I ran into the same thing a while ago.

tconv fails because lib/libmytinfo has been retired.  Seems
like there are no plans to bring it back.  There is an
ncurses port in /usr/ports/devel/ncurses but it does not have
tconv.  Also, for FreeBSD version >= 4.0 it won't compile.

As a workaround you can bring libmytinfo back from the dead
and compile tconv as follows (do this as root).

cd /usr/src/lib
cvs up -d libtmyinfo -D'23 November 1999'
cd libmytinfo
make install
cd /usr/src/usr.bin/tconv
make install

This assumes CVSROOT points to a proper CVS repository.
Seems to work on a FreeBSD-4.5 system but I have not done
much testing.

-- bakul

  • tconv Peter Elsner
    • Bakul Shah