Dmitry Shupilov wrote:
>   Sorry for non-topic question but HELP me!
>   I got laptop Compaq Armada m700 with internal modem Compaq 56K mini
>   PCI. After the new install FreeBSD on laptop I cannot dial out -
>   system doesn't see the modem. What should I do or where can I find
>   some info about it? (On windozz it works on COM4, so I try to trick
>   with device sioX but it didn't help).

If it's a Rockwell HCF or HSF, there are now Linux drivers whose
source code can be downloaded from the Rockwell web site.  From
a casual look at them, they seem that they would be pretty easy
to port to FreeBSD.

I will probably port the HCF driver before next Christmas, if no
one else gets around to it, or earlier, if I end up being paid to
travel, just to avoid dragging around my external modem for my
Sony VAIO.

-- Terry