iXsystems.  http://www.ixsystems.net.

They have Adaptec RAID controllers. I did some testing on them and they
solidly trounce every other RAID card I've used thus far (Mylex, Compaq,
HP NetRAID).

I love their servers, I've got about 20 of them in production now on
systems I manage. They're rock solid with FreeBSD. My company has about
200 of them and I spec them for production use every time I get the
chance.

Matt

On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 04:05  AM, Bogdan TARU wrote:

>       Hi hackers,
>
>  I am in a big dillema (and great hurry/pressure). I need to buy some
> hardware for some firewalls for my company. And so the blues started.
>
>  First, I went to Dell. Almost signed the papers for two PowerEdges
> 2550,
> (everything in them seemed to be compatible with FreeBSD) when I found
> out
> they are longer then the rack!!! And not only the 2550, but most of
> their
> cases.
>
>  So I went to IBM. A little more expensive, but what the hack? It's IBM.
> So, almost made a system, and when coming to checking the compatibility
> list, IBM ServeRaid is not supported under FreeBSD. WTF???
>
>  So my question is: if you'd have to buy good/reliable hardware now,
> which
> is the vendor you'd choose (considering the facts above)? I looked on
> the
> FreeBSD's site for some hardware vendors in Germany (where I live), but
> none found. And I'd go for a brand name, anyways.
>
>  Thank you,
>  bogdan
>

> ----------------------------
> iCom Media AG
> Kirchweg 36
> Koln, 50858
> Germany
>
> Phone: +49-(0)221-485-689-16
> Fax  : +49-(0)221-485-689-20

   Matt Simerson           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Unix Systems Engineer                   Interland, Inc.

"For the first time in history of a civilized nation we have full gun
control and registration, our streets will be safer, the police will do a
better job of protecting its citizens, and the world will follow our lead
into the future". - Adolph Hitler - 1935