On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:14:18AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Jos Backus wrote:
> > Fyi: it appears nobody is really interested in having BSD make and GNU make
> > converge a little, so I am not going waste any more time on this.
>
> I'm really against GNU-ifying BSD make.

I hope you don't see any problems with generally improving compatibility
between the two?

> Unless you're getting a lot of off-list hate-mail for the idea, though, my
> count is 2/2(including you)/1 abstain.
>
> Two days in the week following Memorial Day weekend (where you get Monday
> off, so you can have 9 days in a row for 4 days of vacation time) is hardly
> enough time to build a roaring consensus, one way or the other...
>
> Are you sure you aren't just being a little bit impatient here?

Perhaps a bit, yes, you're right. Let's see what other responses come in.
Maybe Paul Smith will accept my patch to GNU make, that would work as well.

--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/        Santa Clara, CA