| If none of the features are that useful to you, then by all means stick
| with 4.7 or whatever we're up to when 5.0-release comes out.  I'm sure

Well, I definitely plan to move to 5.x.  The question is when.  When it
will be ready for general use, and when I will be able to learn all the
new features I need to know about to use it.

| will look like come November.  If you'd asked me back in January, I would
| have had a very pessimistic outlook.  However, much work has been done in
| the last two months; if work continues at this rate, 5.0 will have
| significant advantages for many people.

Well that's really good to hear.  I had my concerns a year ago as well,
especially when the 5.0 release was delayed a year, and more recently
when the economy went south.  Not to mention the fact that MS has
continued its stranglehold on the industry and OSS hasn't led to the
'revolution' everyone was clamoring for.

jm
--
There are only 10 types of people in this world: