On 6 Jun 2002 at 21:05, John Polstra wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Dan Langille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 4 Jun 2002 at 8:37, John Polstra wrote:
> > > I'll help you figure this out if you'll send me the following
> > > information:
> >
> > Thanks John.
> >

> > >     The cvsupd server config files for the collection ("releases"
> > >     and the list file).
> >
> > [dan@xeon:/home/repositories/sup/freshports-phpAds] $ less list.cvs
> > upgrade phpPgAds
> > [dan@xeon:/home/repositories/sup/freshports-phpAds] $ less releases
> > cvs list=list.cvs prefix=/home/repositories/freebsddiary
>
> OK, this says the server is getting its files from
> "/home/repositories/freebsddiary".  But ...

That's the problem.  That should be /home/repositories/freshports-1

> > >     The full pathname of the ChangeLog RCS file you used as your
> > >     example, on the server machine.
> >
> > /home/repositories/freshports-1/phpPgAds/ChangeLog,v

That's the wrong file I gave you, that should be this file:

/home/repositories/freebsddiary/phpPgAds/ChangeLog,v

> That is a different file!  It's under "/home/repositories/freshports-1",
> which is not where the "releases" file tells the server to look.

Once I fixed the releases file to point to the correct repo (DOH!), both
tags worked (. and FreshPorts2).  That should have been my clue.   The
collection exists in both repos but with different tags (and different
customizations for each website).

Thank you John.  :)
--
Dan Langille