On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Terry Lambert wrote:

>THat's not the issue.  The issue is that some servers claim to be
>1.1 servers, but do not implement pipelining.  Older Apache servers
>fall into this category.

I have been using pipelining in Mozilla for many months now without
encountering a single, solitary server which caused me problems.  I
would guage that the number of servers out there which exhibit this
problem is few.  Netcraft could probably provide some fairly
authoritative data in this regard, provided someone has a list of known
buggy HTTP 1.1 implementations.  It would probably be a much appreciated
public service to the network if someone were resourceful enough to
construct such a list, run it through netcraft, inform the admins of any
and all known websites running buggy HTTP 1.1 implementations of the
issue and recommend an upgrade path based on their currently installed
HTTP server.  This would be fairly simple to automate I would imagine
with some help from the folks at netcraft.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
http://www.geekpunk.net                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]