In message <Pine.SOL.4.10.10207091413400.29630-100000@kairos>, Daniel
Jonsson w
rites:
> Just like to share my experience with FreeBSD 4.x as a server:
>
>  4:17PM  up 378 days,  5:41, 8 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
>
> This was as of today. The machine was installed 378 days ago and is
> a rather active box normally.

I've had two systems, an HP system and an Alpha, with over 600 days of
uptime. However, IMO, this was quite a shame because both customers
refused to allow my team to apply maintenance to the system, including
security patches.  It possible to maintain critical security patches on
a system and not have to reboot it, however more often than not, this
is an indication that the system is not being maintained or secured.

Sorry, nothing personal.  This is just an opportunity to show the flip
side of the coin.

--
Cheers,                          Phone:  250-387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  250-387-5766