On 2002-07-10 00:48 +0000, David Schultz wrote:
> But to be fair, I have heard that Western Digital drives also used
> to have problems, back in the early 90's when the company was
> struggling financially.  Maybe Fujitsu has changed as well.

Western Digitals used to be horrible back in 1994-1998 when I had two
disks die on me, shortly after having been bought.  Three of the major
resellers here in Patras, recommended that I avoid Western Digitals
because they had started getting tired of returning disks.

I bought a few Quantum disks since then, but I now have no problems
with my 45 GB WD450AA-00BAA0 drive.  It has worked flawlessly for more
than the 3 year warranty period, and has never, not once, given me any
sort of problems :)

- Giorgos