On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 12:18:29PM -0500, Erik Greenwald wrote:
+>
+> Hey, I have a quick question
+>
+> What are some cool kernel hacking environments? I've been dropping down
+> to single user mode and mounting my /usr ro to avoid fsck time, and have
+> been thinking of using bochs or vmware to try to expediate things, maybe
+> with a 100 meg 'disk', then put most of the filesystem in using NFS...
+> Anyone had good luck with bochs or vmware? Any other cool approaches?
+> Unfortunantly, I only have on machine available for the task, so I can't
+> chain a 'dummy' machine off of a work machine with ethernet and serial
+> debugging :) Just looking for ideas and maybe good urls or docs
+>
I got FreeBSD 4.6 STABLE in vmware2 on FreeBSD 4.6 STABLE and it is great.
I got lots of panics every day and this is really superb thing.
Most of partitions are mounted via NFS.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek
UNIX Systems Administrator