Thus spake Andrei A. Dergatchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >FYI, lottery scheduling has already been implemented at least
> >twice for FreeBSD.  For an example, see
> >
> >       http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/computing/software/lottery-sched.html
> >
> >The code has not been maintained,
> >
> FYI, I wanted to have a look, but it appears that both a link to source code
> http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dpetrou/code/freebsd_lottery_code.tar.gz
> and to accompanying paper
> http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dpetrou/papers/freebsd_lottery_writeup98.ps
> do not work ...

You can download a cached copy of the paper from the following address:
        http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/112654.html
The first half of the paper mentions some interesting
implementation details that Waldspurger didn't; the second half
contains a bunch of benchmarks that are not particularly well
analyzed.

It looks like the code is available from the author's website,
with a 2.5-yr-old port to 4-STABLE.
        http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dpetrou/research.html