can you call wakeup(9) from a fast interrupt handler?  I couldn't find
the specific answer from the man page:

     All processes
     sleeping on a single ident are woken up later by wakeup, often called
     from inside an interrupt routine, to indicate that the resource the pro-
     cess was blocking on is available now.

The only reason I ask is because sio seems to go out of its way to
schedule a soft interrupt to deal with waking up processes, which then
calls wakeup...

Warner