Matthew Jacob wrote:
> In some sense this sounds like an interrupt issue. The timeout is 30
> seconds, and it looks like we give up on the command but it's done
> instantaneously afterwards.

Hm. I don't know much about the PCI code, so maybe what follows won't
make any sense and may not be related: The card is PCI64, and there's an
"unknown" device in the dmesg that is an "Intel 82806AA I/O APIC Device"
according to its device ID. Would that matter at all?

>>No, I was running a Dell-branded 1.0.0. I grabbed the update from LSI
>>and installed it, but now none of my partitions likes to boot anymore
>>(FreeBSD and Windows XP). Also, the LSI firmware prompt used to show all
>>drives as Ultra-320, now it shows them as Ultra-80 with a note saying
>>"should support Ultra-320 when the OS is loaded". Is this to be
>>expected, i.e. do I need to reinstall everything with the new firmware?
>
> *sputter*
>
> That's damned odd. Can you get into the configuration menu and make sure
> it has 'large BIOS' or whatever the LSI term is enabled?

The Dell BIOS, or the LSI config menu? I don't think either has a
setting that sounds similar, but I'll double-check tomorrow.

>>I'm trying to find the original Dell-branded firmware somewhere, but so
>>far, no luck.
>
> *groan* I might have an image somewhere around... hang on...
> check my directory on hub- there's 1.0.6 there...

That'd be great. I also emailed Dell and LSI.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           USC Information Sciences Institute