Bruce M Simpson writes:
| On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 09:30:43PM +0200, Robert Fenech wrote:
| > I've been desperately looking for some help regarding the DP83820.  Is
| > anyone willing to help me pls?
|
| NetBSD would seem to have a driver for this.
| http://www.tac.eu.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?gsip+4
|
| AUTHORS
|      The gsip driver was written by Jason R. Thorpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Why not use nge(4) which now supports fiber versions:

  NAME
     nge - National Semiconductor PCI gigabit ethernet adapter driver

  SYNOPSIS
     device miibus
     device nge

  DESCRIPTION
     The nge driver provides support for various NICs based on the National
     Semiconductor DP83820 and DP83821 gigabit ethernet controller chips,
     including the following:

Doug A.