:The code works fine in all of my tests, except that calling
:swapoff() when the system is under heavy paging load and has
:multiple swap devices sometimes leads to a few pages being missed
:by the scan.  I think the problem is that some process allocates
:some swap and starts paging out just before the device is marked
:as off-limits.  Am I missing a simple solution to this problem?
:(For now, I kludge around the issue by rescanning if there are
:still blocks remaining.)

    Hmm.  Yes, I think the issue here is that you may be missing
    pages in objects which are undergoing I/O.  You may need to
    wait for other paging on the object (the pip count) to go to
    zero.  I will review that code more carefully in a little bit
    and give you a definitive answer.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>