In the last episode (Oct 10), Attila Nagy said:
> Due to the lack of enough "networking power" I started to think about
> alternatives.

[ snip pic of SCSI RAID with 3 servers hanging off it ]

> The question is: what will happen if BOX3 mounts the filesystem from
> the SCSI BOX RW and BOX[1-2] mount it RO?
>
> In the case BOX[1-2] it is only necessary to read from the array,
> nothing more.

As long as BOX3 never writes data, you're okay.  The problem is that
BOX1/2 don't know when BOX3 has invalidated their cached data by
writing to the disk.  What you want is a shared-storage filesystem, and
there is no such thing for FreeBSD.

Considering you can get a gigabit ethernet NIC for under $50 and a
D-Link 4-port gigabit switch for $300, you might just want to plug the
RAID into BOX3, and have BOX1/2 NFS-mount it.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]