:>
:>     It should be calling VOP_BMAP through the VP stored in the VM
:>     object, which will be the underlying file, not the nullfs.
:
:Probably, but it's not doing that.  The NULLFS implement VOP_BMAP
:as vop_eopnotsupp; it doesn't fall through.  Even if it did fall
:through, the vfs_default.c code is not really written with stacking
:in mind, it's written with a local-media FS in mind.  VOP_BMAP is
:simply not implemented for NULLFS, and is nearly impossible to
:implement correctly for a stacking VFS layer in any case, given
:the object aliasing problem.
:
:This is a deeply ingrained bug in FreeBSD's implementation of VFS
:stacking.

    I don't think it's doing that.  As far as I can tell it is
    calling VOP_GETPAGES, which will hit nullfs, and then nullfs should
    simply call the underlying vnode's VOP_GETPAGES via the null_bypass()
    function.

                                                -Matt