Jack L. Stone wrote:
At 02:04 AM 11.26.2002 +0100, Wolfgang Zenker wrote:

Hello,

The problem is that my bios have very few features and I can't disable
the Network Card.
I'm not sure what is the mainboard, it is sis but I don't know which
model. Maybe this dmesg output from OpenBSD may help someone:

cpu0: Intel Pentium 4 ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.20 GHz
[..]
sis0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "SIS 900 10/100BaseTX" rev 0x90: irq 10
that's apparently a nic integrated in the SiS 635 chipset.

Wolfgang

At the very least, it should have a jumper on the MB to disable such a
feature.... you should go to the MB website if you don't have a manual with
the MB layout and jumpers. They should have the info there -- certainly
Tech support would be available.... I can't imagine an onboard NIC that
would not have an option to disable just as with audio or video....
There should be an option in the bios called "Features Setup". In it you have a choice of "Onboard LAN" enabled or disabled.

There are virtually no jumpers on SIS based motherboards.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA