Thus spake Varshavchick Alexander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Well, now I made KVA space 2G, we'll see later on if it helps to get rid
> of the sudden system halts, but for some reason a side-effect has
> appeared: pthread_create function returns EAGAIN error now, so I had to
> recompile the software using it with linux threads to make it working.
> With the old kernel these pieces worked without problems. Can it be that
> somehow the enlarged KVA space messed up with the threads mechanism?

I'm not a pthreads expert, but my best guess is that your program
tried to create a thread with a stack address that was too high.
Remember that with a 2 GB KVA, user processes have only 2 GB to
play with instead of 3 GB, so attempting to mmap() a stack above
about 2 GB would cause pthread_create() to return EAGAIN.