The fixit.flp from the 5.0 DP2 cdrom appears to be unusable. When I
attempt to use it after booting from kern.flp it comes up with errors of
the form:

fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 2528 of 2528-2530 (ST0 40<abnrml> \
    ST1 4<sec_not_fnd> ST2 10<wrong_cyl> cyl 70 hd 0 sec 9)

accompanied by ominous clicking noises from the floppy drive.

===
I have created the floppy using both fdimage on Windows NT and dd
on FreeBSD. I've tried 3 different floppies.

Booting into CURRENT as of January 16 2001 (old, I know) and trying:

dd if=/dev/fd0.1440 of=/dev/null  - No errors
fdformat -v /dev/fd0.1440 - No errors
cmp /dev/fd0.1440 fixit.flp  - No errors

fsck /dev/fd0.1440
  gets "cannot read BLK 2552" and similar hard error as above.

Mount the floppy on /mnt and try "find /mnt" - hard errors as above.

"tar cvf test /mnt "  # - hard errors as above

===
I realise that the superblock layout has changed within the last
few months, so I booted up a CURRENT as of 20 October 2002.

Now
 fsck /dev/fd0.1440   gives:
cannot get disklabel for /dev/fd0.1440, inappropiate IOCTL for device

however this may be because the kernel is slightly out of sync with
fsck, I don't know.