Hello,

Is there any possibility of helping me to get started FreeBSD with SMP option (and "no SMP" works okay) on modern 2 Xeon procs server?
I have about two weeks for accomplishing that, after that machine either goes under Linux, or even under Windows, as there is a complementary (and very nasty) problem -- getting Oracle 9i installed there (that is unsolved yet, although there can be some clues).
I tried both 4.7-RELEASE srs/sys and that of January 14. That's what I get when booting with SMP enabled (copied from screen):
Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #0
IOAPIC #0 intpin 2 -> irq 0
Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #1
Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #2
AP #1 (PHY# 6) failed
panic y/n?
mp_lock = 00000001; cpuid = 0; lapic_id = 00000000

(sorry, forgot to save dmesg from non-SMP boot) Does the 5.0 solve the problem?