[Re-directing to -hackers]

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> Well for one thing, if a given file has a lot of changes, then I
> would like mergemaster to skip over the initial one-line change
> that only tells me how some comment now has a new version-number
> in it.  Chances are mighty good that the cvs-ID comment tells me
> nothing that helps me decide what I want to do, and it wastes
> five or six valuable lines on the screen.

This is an oft-requested feature, but I'm not sure how best to implement
it. To satisfy all the possible combinations of things to display or not
display would require running diffs at least twice every time we find
something different. I'm not sure it's worth it to save 5 or 6 lines,
especially when you're sending everything to $PAGER anyway.

Doug

--

    If it's moving, encrypt it. If it's not moving, encrypt
      it till it moves, then encrypt it some more.