> My searches for information on webcam have not found much, except for some
> sites which say FreeBSD does not support USB web cameras.
>
> Is anyone currently working on support for this? Does anyone have any
> ideas about where one could go to get information about where to start
> if one was to start writing a driver?
At this moment I am writing a userland (ugen) interface for the Logitech
Quickcam Zoom.
I already get a YUV-packet picture out of the cam at this moment.
It's still far from finished, but i'm working on in.

Since the Logitech cam uses a module made by Philips, this driver will also
support a range of Philips USB webcams. (at least, that's my goal :)