It's very WIP right now and will remain so for another couple
of weeks.  I'd planned to show more people a 'working' version
when a) i got a home for the page and b) the numbers its
producing have reasonable variance.
I'd prefer defering a public release until those goals are
reached.  You've given me one.  Hopefully in a week or
two I'll have the other.
So if you gimme webspace can i promise you code and
output shortly after?  If you want input into design I can
give you the code now with the understanding that it is
WIP.

Robinson wrote:

Mike,
I don't have the test, but I've built a generic performance
testing framework for FreeBSD over the past couple of months
that would make running such a test trivial. I'd post a link
but the page has no permanent home yet. When it gets one I can
follow it up with a link.

I'd be happy to give it a home sometime next week when I've done some housekeeping on the server...

For now, the application called "boot_tester" allows the user to
run a set of commands (usually performance tests) on boot. The
framework optionally creates a new filesystem work area and
outputs in a standard format. The commands are run for n
iterations (one per boot) over an array of kernels. If used
with the diskless testbed setup I've started developing to use
with it, running tests over arbitrary worlds as well as kernels
is trivial and can be automated.

sounds interesting. I have a few scripts that were a start at some performance testing, particularly with I/O and VM in mind. Sounds like you're much further along than I am. Any chance you can throw me a tar.gz?

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-hackers" in the body of the message