--- Ferruccio Vitale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I try to explain better my problem: when my daemon tries to read from this socket,
> recv tells me
> it read 68 bytes, for example, which is about message size at application layer, but
> what I read
> is not I expect (string without sense). Is there a particular way to read from a raw
> socket or a
> divert socket?

Take a look at the tcpmssd code in the ports/net collection. In a nutshell, the data
that
is read from the divert socket contains the IP header, typically followed by the
TCP/UDP header,
followed by the application data.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/pds.cgi?ports/net/tcpmssd
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/net/tcpmssd/pkg-descr