Am Donnerstag, 13.03.03, um 20:46 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Anshuman Kanwar:

I've spent most of last year automating the installation of FreeBSD systems at my workplace. [...]
As a result of all the above, I wrote a set of perl scripts that do a very similar job for FreeBSD.
[...]
If there is any interest in this work, I will be more than happy to see it become one of the ways of installing FreeBSD. Of course, some modifications would be required to make these scripts more generic, robust and user friendly.

The questions I have are:
1) Is this duplication of any prev. work ?

Can't speak to that, although I'm certain that many shops have custom scripts to do this.

2) If no then how should I go about trying to integrate the code into
FreeBSD?

You should try to create a port for it. The Porter's Handbook explains how to do that.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/ index.html

Also, you might want to compare your approach compares to FreeBSD From Scratch: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/fbsd-from-scratch/ index.html

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Fon +49 170 346 0140