I prefer it that way:

1. run freebsd install
partition the disk, using multiplies of heads*sectors as base unit
make ...s1 slice of type 6 (and possibly make fairly big ad0s2 of type 5)
make ...s3 and install freebsd there
(I have seen windows at my place occasionally removing primary partitions placed in chain between C: (...s1) and extended partition)
2. setup windows to ...s1
3. when (if) wanting to run linux fdisk (I use it to add logical drives rather than that of windows), switch bios to normal disk translation before and to LBA after (in most cases one-time operation)

Is there any freebsd fdisk capable of dealing with logical drives?

Roman Kurakin wrote:

Hi,