Stalker wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible to write a program to check which
> mbuf's are allocated to which programs that are currently running, or is
> this totally not possible?
>
> If it is possible, could someone point me in the right direction as in which
> libraries / functions / reading material i would need to look at in order to
> do so?

The mbufs are not accounted to particular processes; our TCP/IP
stack is kernel code, not user space code.  8-).

If you look at the output of "netstat -aA", you will get the
application data pending in so_snd and so_rcv queues.

You don't get the mbufs "in progress", and you don't get the
size of the freelist; you can approximate the second one with
"vmstat -m", but the "in progress" numbers are simply not
available, because it's more important to use the memory and
CPU for actual data, rather than accounting structures.

-- Terry