Peter B wrote:

I have searched for encrypted filesystems for un*x. Is there any better
encrypted filesystems than the ones I have found for *bsd (+freebsd)..?

For per-file encryption, cryptfs/FiST is a good place to start.

I'm looking for something convinient to enrypt cdrom's. Which will also suit
dvd-r media. It should preferable be portable and not require specific kernel
hacks. To ensure feature stability & availability.

Stackable virtual filesystems seem to be your friend.

Which operating systems manage to effectivly to use encrypted swap..?

That's quite a different problem -- Poul-Henning Kamp's done work in GEOM based disk encryption which is directly applicable to encrypting swap. Key management is always interesting.

--

"Well," Brahma said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is no
 wiser, but an intelligent man requires only two thousand five hundred."