Arjan van Leeuwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It seems that OpenBSD now has BSD licensed versions of the gzip, grep and diff
> families (see
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=105899089116252&w=2). Wouldn't
> it be a good idea to import them into FreeBSD?

Yes, maybe, no.

gzip should be fine.

grep is largely compatible with GNU grep but offers worse performance.
Apparently much worse in some corner cases.

diff lacks a lot of the extensions from the GNU version which
everybody takes for granted, e.g. no -p, -x, or -I, and there's no
sdiff.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]