Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

2) What is the maximum size of a filesystem that I can present to the host
OS using vinum/ccd? Am I limited anywhere that I am not aware of?

Good question, I'm not sure we currently know the exact barrier.

Just make sure you run UFS2, which is the default on -CURRENT because UFS1 has
a 1TB limit.

3) Could I put all 20TB on one system, or will I need two to sustain the IO
required?

Spreading it will give you more I/O bandwidth.

Can you say why? Usually putting more spindles into one pile gives you more I/O,
unless you have very evenly distributed sequential access in pattern you can predict
in advance.

Pete