At 9:47 PM -0400 9/15/03, Richard Coleman wrote:
Garance A Drosihn wrote:
At 8:53 PM +1000 9/15/03, Tim Robbins wrote:

Comments/patches are welcome. As the "History" suggestion
of the manual page suggests, my plan is to get this in to
FreeBSD 6, along with replacements for some other GNU tools.

Might we put this in freebsd-current (5.x), but under some other name? sortbsd, or something?

Why would you want to do that?

Just so we could have it in 5.x, instead of the stated plan of waiting until 6.x. I do not feel strongly about it, other than to say that it'd be nice if this was part of 5.x, and I don't know if we want to switch to rewrite of 'sort' at this point in 5.x. *Someday* we've got to stop dropping in major changes to 5.x, and get serious about releasing it as -stable so we can start on 6.x-current.

Just my 2 cents. I don't feel strongly about it.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]