Lucas Holt wrote:
Funny, I see people switching to *BSD from Linux all the time. I've "converted" quite a few people at Western Michigan where i'm a student.

Most people think of FreeBSD as the "new" linux. You have to think to use it, as opposed to the redhat idiot wizards.

Personally I just love a system which even detracted from defaulting
to perl like most UNICEs out ther nowadays (AIX/Solaris).
Boy do I hate those Java based admin tools or comparably the perl/python/ruby/whatever/petscriptinglanguageoftheweek
library mess found on Linux-distros. FreeBSD gives me just what I need - an
OS which is working - the rest is up to my choice. Even looking at the
kernel I can't find anything strikingly in need of immediate personal
action. Quite contrary to the Linux world where you don't have to shop
for too long...

However I can't find the GEOM related XML formatted sysctl, which
was giving me bad feelings anymore...