Garance A Drosihn wrote:
At 7:27 PM -0800 1/9/04, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

Hi;

There is a comparison here:
http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html

I think there are compelling reasons to try subversion,
but we have to wait for a 1.0 Release, and this would be
something that should be done gradually.. for example
moving the ports tree first.

That's a pretty major test!  Could we perhaps pick off
something smaller?  The "projects" repository, for
instance?  (or is that still tied to the base-system?)

(I am very interested in subversion, but it is still
something I need to learn more about...)

I haven't been following this too closely, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. Does Subversion support any type of transaction based committing?

One of the frequent problems with CVS is when someone grabs source while someone is in the middle of a large or multi-part commit.

--
Ryan Sommers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]