Now I can play with ULE, Thanks for your quick response. I should've checked release notes before posting my question, my fault.

-mpf

Robert Watson wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Matt Freitag wrote:

Building 5.2-RELEASE from 5.1-RELEASE-p10 w/ipf+ipfw+ipfw6+dummynet, 5.1
Compiled fine with this setup. I need ipfilter as it's doing my source
routing for ipv6 (multiple transits) since ip6fw doesn't support fwd. (I
just use ip6fw for filtering, and ipf for forwarding to the correct
interface according to source) Am I just being stupid here somehow?

IPFILTER now relies on the PFIL_HOOKS kernel option; this is something that is somewhat poorly documented, and we should add it to the errate I suspect. If you add "options PFIL_HOOKS" to your kernel config, it should work. Moving to PFIL_HOOKS for all the "funky IP input/ouput" feature is a goal for 5.3 (in fact, I believe Sam has it almost entirely done in one of his development branches), and should both simplify the input/output paths, and also simplify locking for the IP stack. So the change is for a good cause :-).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research