On Tuesday, 20 January 2004 at 14:51:08 +0100, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>
>> Lukas Ertl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>> following the recent discussion about GEOM and Vinum I wrote some
>>> proof-of-concept code, or rather, I copy'n'pasted the necessary stuff for
>>> a prototype.  Of course it's ugly, it's buggy, it's by far not complete,
>>> but at least it understands the most basic setup: a volume with a single
>>> plex and a single subdisk.
>>
>> This is great!
>
> Thanks!
>
> I was actually hoping to get a little more feedback, since I'm not so sure
> if I'm going into the right direction, and I'd like to hear what people
> say about it before I dive into hacking it more, and there was virtually
> no feedback at all.

I'm sure you were expecting to hear from me.  Sorry about that, but
I've just got back from a very intensive conference, and I still have
over 2000 messages to catch up on.  I'm certainly very happy to see
that you've done this work, and as soon as I get some time I'll try it
out here.  And to answer another message: yes, Vinum on FreeBSD *must*
be adapted to GEOM.  There's no other solution.

Greg