Having wanted to mount a mfs file system with a specific user and mode I discovered that mdmfs.c doesn't support such an option when called as mount_mfs.

So, in a fit of lunacy/desparation I made a quick mod to it to provide such support, by disabling the automatic compat mode if another flag was given (it was either that or create mount_md). I had to use -Z as just about everything else was used, but it means that the following now works:

md /var/spool/MIMEDefang mfs rw,async,-Z,-s256m,-p0700,-wmailnull:mailnull 2 0

I've attached a patch that supports this for people's thoughts and comments. I'm afraid I didn't patch the man page, primarily because it's been too long and I suspect I'd break things. If my providing a patch for the man page is important then I'll see about doing that too.

I don't follow this list I'm afraid, so if you want me to see something you'll need to CC me.

TIA

--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?