Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 06:08:22PM +0300, Roman Kurakin wrote:
[...]

If our install was like linux one which have -D flag, we could solve our problem
by setting it globaly to install in sys.mk:

-INSTALL         ?=      install -D
+INSTALL         ?=      install -D

This flag dictates to create all necessary dirs if needed.
It would be nice to have such option, not -D of course.

$ install file foo/bar

Should it install "file" as "foo/bar" or should it create the
"foo/bar" directory and install it as "foo/bar/file"?  ;)

two variants
1. cp style (you can write foo/bar or foo/bar/ to get what you want)
2. linux's install -D style: foo - dirname, bar filename

Cheers,