Baldur Gislason wrote:

I'm trying to install 5.2.1-rel from FTP with an intel 100Mb network card on an AMD AthlonXP barton 2500+ with an Aopen AK77-8XN motherboard and 1GB ram. When at 65% through extracting base, sysinstall crashes with the message:
Fatal error: Invalid realloc size of 0! - PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT
I know this is a very common problem these days, has any solution been found? I'd rather sell this machine than using some other operating system on it.

Baldur

I have an athlon barton core on an epox 8rda3i. I have never seen this problem and I cvsup every few weeks on current. I have not done a clean install since last year. Is that a local ftp or the net? Can you make a cd from the iso, or do you not want to? I have done both in the past and the cd is much faster, even if you hae broad band. Maybe not if you have a t3 or better, but not all ftp servers will be fast all the time.