in sys/netsmb/smb_subr.c the following code fragment is used:

[FreeBSD 4.10]

int smb_checksmp(void)
{
        int name[2];
        int olen, ncpu, plen, error;

        name[0] = CTL_HW;
        name[1] = HW_NCPU;
        error = kernel_sysctl(curproc, name, 2, &ncpu, &olen, NULL, 0, &plen);
        if (error)
                return error;

olen is passed without having its value set. on input, i'd expect it to specify sizeof(ncpu). looking in kernel_sysctl.c, *olen is used by kernel_sysctl.

I had a quick grep through the source and saw a similar code fragment to this in nwfs. So it could be either that I've got it wrong and I'm not understanding something, or the code was used as a template in more than one place and was bug-for-bug copied.

Feedback appreciated, cc'd

Matthew