Scott Mitchell wrote:

ls(1) says that the -t option will:

     Sort by time modified (most recently modified first) before sort-
     ing the operands by lexicographical order.

... the attached patch produces the expected output.  I can commit it if there
are no objections.

Looks good to me. I wonder if the time sorting should include the nanos field as well. (Mostly on FreeBSD, the nanos field is zero, but not always.)

Of course, sorting on the (non-displayed) nanos field
could also produce such unexpected output as you describe.

Tim